Missing hyphenation patterns for my language, where can I add them?

Hey all,

First of all I’m really happy I’ve discovered Tectonic, I really like it’s approach towards reproducibility and automatic support files download.

I’m using the LaTeX package polyglossia in order to write in Hebrew. I keep getting a warning when compiling a document that uses it, saying:

Package polyglossia Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for `Hebrew' (polyglossia)                I will use \language=\l@nohyphenation instead on input line 21.

I’ve used a common search engine to learn how can I add / edit hyphenation patterns and all solutions suggested to edit files in paths such as /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/txt/hyph-uk.pat.txt.

I would like to know how can I write hyphenations patterns for my language and make sure that all LaTeX users will have them - Tectonic or not. I’d like to test these with Tectonic first and not install a whole TeX distribution again.

This question is somewhat related to Another use case for being able to layer extra packages on top of the bundle but I would like to add / change hyphenation patters which are not packages but just text files.

Help will be appreciated, thanks.

Me, too.

I don’t have an answer, but at least I can help link various threads. So this problem (or a close variant of it) is also raised in issue #553 on GitHub.

I don’t experiencing this issue anymore with tectonic 0.3.0 (and 2020 texlive bundle). Thanks @pkgw!